Friday, March 30, 2012

Day 16

1. Took my placement test for German classes*.
2. Bought some school supplies (book, notebook, stabilos, public transport pass).
3. Measured and estimated how much material I would need to make custom curtains for the living room**.
4. Moved all the furniture in the living room so that painters could come and fix the cracks in the wall.

*So I was sooo excited that after the test I qualified for the A2.1 level!  I was really hoping that I wouldn't be put in the very first course.  After talking with the teacher about my language experience (which is one community college course and a lot of listening) we decided that I should go into A1.2 to solidify my writing and grammar knowledge.  Professionally, I feel I must add that I was surprised that the language placement test didn't probe all language dimensions (speaking, listening, reading, and writing- I only had to read German).  On the upswing, I will be in an intensive course which is 4 days a week from 9am till 1:00pm.  I'm so ready!!! Class starts after Easter, which gives me a good two weeks to sew some curtains :-)

**About 21 meters. www.howtosewcurtains.com Who knew?

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Weldelken family,

    In the past week I have
    1.) made veggie soup from a random assortment of things in my house (Katie Wendelken style)
    2.) Became a BJ's member.
    3.) Had Sweet Frog :)
    4.) Missed you :(
    5.) Was told that you were more fun than the new Title I teacher :)

    ReplyDelete