Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 34

1. Had my second day of German class*.
2. Tried to learn simple past tense.
3. Did some additional educational activities**.
4. Made pfannkuchen (savory filled pancakes- think crepes) with Joern. 

* I love school!  It starts at 8:45, so I wake up super early with Joern and get him to work, and then I drink a coffee and get ready, and then I go on the Tram and a subway to my school.  I have two teachers, one for Mon-Tue, and one for Wed.-Thur.  There are 3 Americans, 2 Brazilians, and 1 each of Greek, Maldovian, Cuban, Chinese, Hungarian, South Korean, Romanian and Spanish people.  They are all very friendly, and we are all at about the same level, all ages.  Several have a spouse working for Siemens, which is headquartered here.  We're in class until 1:00, and I get home a bit before 2:00 (lots of schools get out then, so traffic is busy).  I have so much to learn, and writing is the hardest so far, but I feel like things are clicking more.  Since we come from everywhere, we really do need to talk in German!  I'm looking forward to meeting the Wed-Thur teacher!

**Watched TV (in German of course)

No comments:

Post a Comment