Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 89 (The Subway)

1. Tried to learn past perfect in German (mixed success).
2. Got stuck in the subway.*
3. Had new blinds installed in our bedroom.
4. Created a mozerella-pesto-chicken masterpiece for dinner.

* I literally got stuck in the subway car.  My friend and I were waiting to get onto the subway, and two girls were ahead of us, blocking the door.  When they didn't move I went around them and jumped into the car.  My friend tried to do the same, but then the doors began to close.  Thinking that German subway doors were like elevator doors, I stuck my bag in the opening and waited for the doors to jump back.  Except they didn't.  They crushed my bag (which was slung over my shoulder) and held on tight.  I tried to pull it out, but to no avail.  I was frantically shaking my head and wondering if I would get sucked out of the car in the tunnel between stops.  Luckily, my fast-thinking friend got the driver to open the doors and let her in and release my bag, and we all made it home, albeit with a few dents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment