Monday, June 18, 2012

Day 95

Well, this week has flown by! The highlights included seeing my first movie in three months in English and in 3D.*  We also had a great grill night with Anke, and later we saw Deutschland kick its way to victory in a public viewing arena in the city park!  We also did a lot of relaxing during the day.  Oh, and I made a curtain.  Backwards.  It was meant to cover the triangle-shaped window in our living/guest room, and I did the whole thing backwards.  So now I have approximately five square meters of useless fabric...so who wants a pillow for Christmas?  Perhaps a nice tablecloth?  Today was pretty good as well:

1. Had a substitute teacher for our German class today (no one played any tricks on her, I promise).
2. Saw an ad in our local Aldi shopping flyer that they will have an 'Amerika' themed sale next week.**
3. Considered planning a 4th of July party...
4. Went walking in the beautiful, sunny city park along the river. 


*Both of which I found to be overwhelming.  98% of the time, I live in a great little bubble where I don't really understand everything that's being said around me.  To cope, my brain just filters out most spoken language.  I get just the essential stuff, and the rest is pretty much white noise.  Understanding every single thing that anyone on screen said (even in the background) and then thinking about it and deciding if it was relevant or not was exhausting.  The 3D gave me a bit of a headache.

**My favorite being a picture of an entire roast on a dinner plate next to french fries, jelly beans, ice cream, donuts, and a hot dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment